Thursday, May 29, 2008

Green Gardens on my mind

Inspiration. We all need it, and sometimes we cannot find it. But when we do find it, inspiration can lead to marvelous things.
Lately, I have been working on my garden. Yes, I own a business. Yes, I should be focused on business things, bit I have been leaving early (er) and coming in late (again, er) to play in the garden. Now before you get any grand ideas (see photo of Lingering Garden), I have a garden the size of a postage stamp ( one of those big, oversize ones) and more of a chartreuse thumb. However, after doing some work on the outside of my house last year, I found I had a horseshoe shaped patio and the perfect beginnings of a small L-shaped garden.
So this year has been spent building walls (luckily, I had a lot of practice at my brother's house when his sewer pipe collapsed last year and we had to tear down & then rebuild his front yard and garden), ammending soil and adding plants. Those are the real, live, green things with pretty flowers & heady smells. I promise pictures will follow, but for now my inspiration has lead me to planning a Plant Swap & Sale here at the shop.
Join us Saturday, June 28th from 10am-6pm for fun, flowers & food. We'll have lots of starts, veggies, and other blooming goodies to trade & sell. Have seeds, bring 'em. We'll meet in the back garden and have a planting party! If you have any questions, just contact the shop, 360.405.4341.

No comments: